CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, May 24, 2007

4 months old!




















Well tomorrow Truett will officially be 4 months old. He's getting so big and so verbal! We have had a couple of problems though. He's been breastfeeding for 4 full months. He has done great and grown so much. Which is why I don't understand why he now won't take it. He might for a couple of minutes and then that's it, no more. He will take the bottle with pumped breastmilk, so it shouldn't be a sore throat or ear ache. He might be teething although it wouldn't explain everything. He will eat a full meal when he's sleepy but only then. Ahhhh... it's frustrating. My supply is still up but in the afternoon when the supply is at it's lowest we have given him formula and he takes a good bit of that. At first he spit out the formula but now takes it pretty good. I didn't want to put him on formula until he was at least 6 months but now I worry he's not getting enough, so I supplement a little. I will say I've enjoyed breastfeeding more than I ever thought I would.

Truett is babbling all the time and loves to get going, really loud. Him and his daddy talk (jabber) and it's precious. He loves to get our attention and will squeal and look at us until we look at him. He rolls over from stomach to back, when coerced and often needs a little "help". He held his bottle last night for about 15 seconds (that's the first time he ever tried). He has been drooling a great deal and even has a little rash under his chin where it dribbles down. He also has had other teething symptoms (I won't go into details). He does not have inflamed gums, but chews on everything.


We are enjoying MO as much as you can with a 4 month old. We went to a really nice area last weekend. It was like an outdoor mall, with nice restraunts. We ate at a place called Brio's (Italian restraunt). I tried to convince Wayne to eat at PF Cheng but he wanted to eat somewhere we haven't been (I can't blame him). The food was great and we walked a good bit. Truett did great and only took one short nap while we were there, but fell asleep on the way home and slept for 1.5 hours then. Well that's about all. I hope we go home soon!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I apologize for not ever leaving any comments - I enjoy your posts so much!