CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, September 11, 2011

Wow!!

It's been over 5 months since blogging.... I'm just getting farther and farther behind. Let me bring you up to date with just a few paragraphs. Since my last post we have had our third sweet baby boy. Hudson Tait graced us with his presence on March 14th. He came 5 days after his due date and weighed in at 7 lbs. 13 oz., 20 inches. It was the least of a transition for our family. Our biggest transition has been going from no children to the first little one. He is such a smiley and happy baby. He started turning over really early, like 12 weeks. Maybe even earlier. He is so verbal, started sleeping 6-8 hours through the night by 3 weeks old and stayed there until about 8-9 weeks and then SLOWLY moved his way up to 12 hours at 4 months or just a couple of days after.

We made a sweet family vacation to Tennessee in July and LOVED it! The older two boys had a blast and Hudson was a huge hit! All the Aunts and Uncles got to love on him. He was the only non-mobile baby so he was held A LOT!! I don't know if I gave him his bottle while we were there. CARRAZY, I know!

Honestly, if I didn't have a ton of work to get the baby weight off each time, I would love to be pregnant again! I love the WHOLE process. But...like I've said before, it's not the pregnancy, labor and newborn stage that is hard, it's raising them. Truett is 4 and sometimes I feel like he has had more schooling in psychology than I have. It's hard to know if I'm doing the right thing.
The best thing I've found is a book called "Shepherding a Child's Heart" it is the most insightful and delightful book I've ever come across. It hits the nail on the head. It's practical and yet completely biblical. I have probably read something like 20-30 parenting books. A lot of great books and, yet, this one is THE best in my opinion.

Not that I've got "IT" down, but I'm constantly seeing areas where I need to work on and pray about. So, now that I've got you semi- caught up, maybe I can stay more updated on my blog and give you more weekly posts.

No comments: