CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, January 24, 2008

Truett's 1st Birthday!!!!!!!!!


Happy Birthday Truett!!

He got lots of great things but he enjoyed everyone playing with him the most!


He loves balloons, books, and puzzles and he got lots of them!

Although, he didn't care too much for eating his cake or getting his fingers messy!

He did like to look at it though! Oh well, I'm sure he will like sweets one day.

Aunt Tammy and Kerigan Kerigan, Aunt Tammy and her girls

Jacob and his funny glasses The sisters and their children

The sisters Kerigan

Kerigan showing Truett what his toys can do. She loved his musical table.

Nanna and Pappa and their youngest grandson. Maw Maw and Paw Paw and their 1st grandchild.


We had a blast and I'm officially recouping from Truett's party. We had such a good time and we ate and ate and ate. Truett is ONE!!!! It's so hard to believe but I guess time does fly. Although 9 months ago I was hoping for time to fly..... now it can slow wayyyyy down.

He is walking so good, but not great. He walks everywhere but will crawl after he is halfway across the room. He is "talking" so much. It's like he REALLY is telling me something but I can't understand it. He jabbers and then looks at me as if to say "don't you agree momma" and of course I say "Really! Yes, Truett". It will be no time now before I wish it was just jabbering and not "What's that? Why? What's this? How?" and I can't wait until then, but for now I would like time to stand still. He is such a sweet boy.

We go over our body parts and mainly the face. When I says "eyes" I beat my eyelashes really fast, when I say "nose" I snort like a pig (don't picture me doing this!) and when I say "mouth" I make sounds with my mouth. This morning while I was changing his clothes he pointed to my eyes and I said" eyes" blinking ever so fast and before he could touch my eye I snapped my mouth like I was going to bite him and he would giggle so hard it made me want to scream. We did that for about 5-10 minutes and I tell you motherhood is more than it seems. I think my heart would explode if I put anymore love into it!

I wish I could tell every momma what they miss when they go off to work, but I can't. There is no way to explain the feeling of worth and exhaustion after a day with a little one year old. He and his daddy are all my life was supposed to be and more, thank you God for making men like them. If Truett could grow up to be half the man Wayne is then I would say he hung the moon! Have I told you lately how awesome a daddy Wayne is. By no means is he perfect but let me tell you he is the most Christ-like person I've ever met. Well, there you have it folks my life wrapped up in a couple of paragraphs. I know life won't be perfect for long, so let me go enjoy it! HAPPY BIRTHDAY, TRUETT! You are your parents Hallelujah!

2 comments:

R, T and O said...

Hey. Thanks for the comment on our blog! No, he's not pulling up yet, but he thinks about it every now and then. Looks like you guys had a busy Christmas. Please tell both your families that I said hi.

Homegrown Tribe said...

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog! I just added you to the boy mamma link list.

I love your little guys name... super cute!

Brittany