CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, August 15, 2008

Here's lookin' at you kid....










Truett has been so talkative lately... who does he get that from? :) We enjoy our mornings and mom needs Truett's nap time to get everything done (house chores, cooking, emails, and of course the not so important bath or shaving). Wayne has been super busy with things going on. We have a good bit going on right now. Wayne's grandpa is in the hospital tonight, he had a slight stroke early this morning. We've been there all day. He is doing better, but he's staying the night in ICU for precautionary measures. If the Lord leads you to pray for him please keep his wife (Maw Maw "Mee" as Truett calls Maw Maw Mary) in prayer also.

Another thing going on is our trip to see Wayne's brother and sister-in-law in Durham, NC. It will be Truett's first flight and I'm a little nervous. I'm trying to finalize a "trip list" for everybody and I'm taking tips and ideas if anyone has a few.

We are also looking at some land (48 acres!). We are super excited but things haven't finalized yet.

I'm getting back into the blogging mindset so bear with me.

1 comment:

Charity said...

I have traveled with both boys twice now and learned a thing or two each time. The first time, I erred on the side of bringing anything and everything I thought I might need...ended up spending much of the flight just gathering things up and making sure nothing was lost or rolling around under the seats.

So, the second time I just brought the essentials and their favorite items for comforts. This was much more relaxing and they didn't get too over-stimulated.

Make sure to bring something that he can chew on or suck on for taking off and landing and bring LOTS of sanitizing wipes.

Most importantly, try to maintain a relaxed approach because if you get antsy and anxious, they pick up on that and it is a quick downwards spiral.

I recently read in the newspaper that some airlines are considering having portions of the plane for kids to sit in (willingly or not, I am not sure...) Anyhow, I never let the people around me impact me on the flights.