CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, January 25, 2009

Snips and snails, and puppy dogs' tails...


Truett is 2 ! Life is getting really fun!! I would like to take a post to remind myself in years to come and to let you guys know what all Truett has been doing/saying!

Truett loves to entertain!! From Sunday School teachers to aunts and uncles and yes, also mommy and daddy, he loves to make others laugh and when he finds what will make you laugh, he will wear the phrase/action out. He sometimes calls me momma or mom (this makes me feel like he is getting too old) but he mostly calls me mommy and daddy is always daddy or his other nickname Truett calls him, daddy-O. He also calls me mamma-mia!

He is all boy and loves airplanes, helicopters, trains, ambulances, firetrucks, cars, trucks, army men, tanks, dump trucks, and tractors, but really anything boyish he loves! He is crazy about being outside and playing with ANYTHING outside. His imagination has quadrupled in the last 3-4 months. He makes me pretend I'm crying and then hugs me and says" It's okay mommy, here's a paci" or he pretends he is making me a salad.

Probably the thing I want to remember the most is his vocabulary. He talks, and talks, and talks, and talks! I have NO IDEA where he might get that from :) He doesn't just speak in sentences but paragraphs. We have been reviewing our alphabet and numbers. He knows one through ten (he has only said them to Wayne, he has only made it to 6 with me unless I draw it out of him) and his alphabet needs some refining but he knows many letters. He also knows the Spanish words for 1-10. He loves to read and say things pertaining to the book. He pretends the people in the story are mommy, daddy, and Truett.

Truett's most used phrase, for the last week or two has been, " I need Truett to do it by himself". He makes us laugh so often.

He loves:
outside
doggies/kitties
the color orange (especially orange socks)
talking
trucks, airplanes, helicopters, etc., etc.
yogurt
reading books
daddy and mommy
chicken fingers
apple juice
cheese
helping daddy "fix" things
helping mommy wash dishes
pretending he is "working" behind the register
debit cards/ "paying the lady"
pretending in general
date nights with mommy and daddy
french fries (which we NEVER give him ;)
playdates with our friends (Sidney, Chloe, Anabelle, and Maddie)
picnics
peanuts


Things he is working on:
having patience
obedience
not whining
numbers/ letters/ basic phonics

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What an adorable photo, Heather! And every time you write, I can tell you just absolutely being a child, a wife and a mother! I'm snagging your last post to put into my scrapbook for Truett or you and Wayne. Thanks to God for giving us all good things!