CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, April 20, 2009

My first midwife appointment...

went well, it was last Tuesday. We mainly visited and went over my H&P (History and Physical). I met just one of the midwives that is at the birthing center. Her name is Lynnette and she is WONDERFUL! We discussed my due date and she said that it doesn't really matter which day I'm due... we'll just say the week of Thanksgiving. We will take the earliest date now and if we go over we'll use the latter date to figure out when to induce! Works for me! I had not gained any weight, my blood pressure was 82/62, normal for me. I was 8 weeks and 1 day.

Today I'm 9 weeks, about the same. Although, I do notice that at night I have that "stuffed" feeling. I will be 12 and a half weeks for my next appointment, I'll meet the back up OB, the guy who I'll see should an emergency occur. My next appointment won't be until I'm 18 weeks. I really didn't want to have many appointments at the beginning of my pregnancy, all that is done is talking and weighing. I'd rather have "big" appointments, you know, where we get to measure, discuss, review, and get some stuff done. The trip is a little under and hour and a half, so the fewer the better.
I'm super excited about the birthing center, it's family oriented and very cozy. I am so glad we are using this route.



No comments: