CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, July 25, 2008

Why I stay at home... Part 2



There has been a process ever since Truett was born, a slow but steady process. I've had a lingering conviction that continues to weigh on my mind more and more. I am to be at home, I need to be at home... I'm reminded of a Bible verse "Like arrows in the hand of a warrior, So are the children of one's youth." Psalm 127:4. The warrior keeps the arrows close, and so I am to keep Truett close.





I have been called to remind Truett of God's commandments " You shall put these words of mine in your heart and soul, and you shall bind them as a sign on your hand, and fix them as an emblem on your forehead. Teach them to your children, talking about them when you are at home and when you are away, when you lie down and when you rise." ,






I (Wayne is included here) am who my children will learn from, spiritually, educationally, morally. It is our God-given responsibility to govern them as God governs our lives. In a sense we are to be our child's view of Christ. Some can overlook this task, but I feel it to be a very high and serious calling.

3 comments:

4funboys said...

Heather...

If you're interested in a good summer read--

"Shepherding a Child's Heart"

was a REALLY great book. T's a little young, but I wish I had read it sooner because it would have been really helpful.

Your post today reminded me of it.

Chrys and Mike said...

oh, love your blog! i linked to it from 4 little men b/c we have a truett of our own so it caught my attention. it's a family name and we love it! there aren't many out there and i selfishly hope it doesn't become popular...our first son's name (oliver, also a family name) is being used more and more.

my husband and i are *huge* voddie fans. my bf goes to his church and we have been so challenged by his teaching. we've even talked about moving there just to be a part of it. the families we've met are amazing and are clearly walking the walk...the fruit you see in the lives of their children is just more evidence that family-centered discipleship is biblical and effective.

i definitely echo your thoughts and applaud you for realizing your role as a mother. press on.

chrys

Charity said...

I love the name Truett. I found your blog by just googling that name because I am considering it if I ever have a third boy :)